Steedman Planning supports the rights of its clients to expect privacy to be taken very seriously and commits to upholding the requirements of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law, 2018 (GDPR, 2018). Steedman Planning is committed to ensuring that the personal data of any client is protected.
Steedman Planning is a Jersey-based consultancy offering planning and environmental services to individuals, businesses and other entities in the island.
Steedman Planning is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
Terms such as personal data, data controller and others pertinent to this privacy notice are defined by Article 1 of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL), which can be viewed here: https://www.jerseylaw.je/dpjl.
By ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ we mean Steedman Planning. By ‘you’, ‘your’ we mean any individual client, supplier or other third party that receives products or services from us, uses our website or otherwise interacts with us.
This privacy notice sets out how Steedman Planning processes personal data, whether it be in respect of individuals who are clients, suppliers or other third parties collectively being data subjects and further sets out the rights of data subjects in respect of their personal data.
The DPJL requires data controllers to process data lawfully, fairly and transparently and in order to meet these requirements Steedman Planning must give detailed and specific privacy information to data subjects, as follows:
Steedman Planning, 4 Britannia Place, Bath Street, St Helier
The information we collect:
We need to collect certain personal data and other information from you in order to provide you with our services you may request from us. We collect this personal data when you communicate with us in person or by letter, phone, email or other media. The personal data we collect is:
- Your title, name and address, for billing and delivery purposes;
- Your other contact details e.g. your telephone number and email address;
- Financial information e.g. your bank account information, which you choose to provide to us;
- Your payment history;
- Information about your contact with us – meeting notes, phone calls, emails and letters;
- Information that is automatically collected – including cookies or e-mail addresses when you visit our website.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as directories or other publicly available sources to check or improve the information we hold, like your address, or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
The data you have provided may be shared with fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud, money laundering and to verify your identity.
Information we receive from others i.e. third parties:
Steedman Planning may collect personal data from third parties to assist with the provision of services to you, and we may be provided with your name and other contact information by third parties in a variety of circumstances. In all cases Steedman Planning will handle your personal data in accordance with our data protection policy and this privacy notice.
What we do with your personal data:
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary and lawful to do so.
- The purposes for which personal data are intended to be processed:
- Provide services and other products you may request;
- Respond to your questions;
- Identify you;
- Contact you to provide information about our services, changes thereto and other administrative matters we may
- Manage and enhance our website;
- General business administration in respect of the business Steedman Planning.
- General business administration in respect of the business Steedman Planning.
- Protect our legal rights and legitimate interests.
- The legal basis for our processing of your personal data are:
- Legitimate interests.
- Details of any legitimate interests pursued by Steedman Planning, if our processing of your personal data is based on those interests:
- To run the business as efficiently as possible;
- To ensure our range of services best meets the needs of our clients;
- To enhance the functionality and security of our systems and to ensure these best meet the needs of our customers and visitors to our website;
- To ensure Steedman Planning meets all legal, regulatory and ethical obligations incumbent upon it;
- To safeguard the interests of our various stakeholders.
- We would always seek your consent to process personal data in respect of any marketing undertaken by us.
- Who we pass your personal data to, if we pass this on to any third parties:
- Suppliers, contractors, subcontractors and other third parties concerned with the provision of our services;
- Other suppliers, contractors, subcontractors and other third parties in connection with the provision of our websites, technical support and security services;
- Payment collection processors;
- Delivery/logistics service providers;
- Our accountant and auditors;
- Any third party in connection with the enforcement of our terms and conditions or the collection of debts or for the protection of our rights or those of a third party, customers or others in connection with the protection of our assets or the safety of any person, the recovery of amounts due to us, to respond to any claims against us and to prevent illegal activity;
- Government departments including, when required by law, the Police;
- Regulators or other legally appointed organisations.
How do we protect your information?
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information, which is collected or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions.
Where is your information processed?
The majority of your information is processed in Jersey, but may also be processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
Steedman Planning does not intend to transfer personal data to any country outside the European Economic Area.
How long do we keep your data?
Steedman Planning will store your personal data for a period, which is appropriate to the purpose for which it is collected and processed, including to meet any legal, accounting, or other regulatory/reporting requirements. Our usual practice with regard to personal data held in respect of customers is to keep records regarding their identity and the operation of their account for 10 years from the date their account is settled. If you write to us we would routinely keep your correspondence, together with any reply and other relevant information, for 3 years from the date of the conclusion of the matter.
Data subjects’ rights:
Data subjects have the following rights regarding data processing, and the data that is recorded about them:
- To make subject access requests regarding the category and nature of information held, the purpose for which it is held, details of any processing performed, the period for which it is to be held and to whom it has been disclosed.
- To prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress.
- To prevent processing for purposes of direct marketing.
- To be informed about the mechanics of automated decision-taking processes that will significantly affect them.
- To not have significant decisions that will affect them taken solely by automated processes.
- To sue for compensation if they suffer damage by any contravention of the DPJL.
- To take action to rectify, block, erase, including the right to be forgotten, or destroy inaccurate data.
- To have personal data provided to them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to have that data transmitted to another controller.
- To object to any automated profiling that is occurring without consent. This is linked to the rights of the data subject to object to profiling and to be informed about the existence of profiling, of measures based on profiling and the envisaged effects of profiling on the individual.
- Data subjects have the right to complain to Steedman Planning in respect of the processing of their personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Steedman Planning does not make any decisions by automated means.
Steedman Planning will review this privacy notice periodically and will post updates on our website.
Steedman Planning Privacy Notice v1.0.